Monday, July 8, 2013

11: Scumpia, Moldova

Scumpia, Moldova has been my home for the past two years and in a weeks time I will be leaving to finally head back to America. Taking my place is a new Peace Corps Volunteer who is still in training and will be moving to my village in August. She will be teaching Health classes instead of English and will also be teaching in Romanian. In order to get acquainted with her new site before she finishes training she came for a visit this weekend and took a lot of pictures. It was so much fun getting to show her around my village and getting to tell her all the ends and out that I had learned the hard way these last two years. It was also surreal to me remembering what my language skills in Romanian were like when I made the same site visit two years ago and how natural it was now to translate back and forth (even a little Russian thrown in for good measure).

I can't begin to put into words all the things I've been thinking as it is finally starting to hit me that I really will be leaving soon but I'll save that post for another day. Instead today I want to show you what my village looks like from the eyes of its newest volunteer.

Click the picture to head to the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment