Monday, June 4, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

I feel like I have been going nonstop since the last day of school but thats alright I think I'd prefer a little bit of a full schedule instead of sitting inside all summer. But anyway, as you know already, I've recently finished school last week and went to a wedding saturday/sunday and came back really early in the morning so I wasn't too excited when someone called me up and wanted to meet me in Balti at 9 o'clock in the morning...which would mean I would have to be up by 6. But I made it work.

The meeting was with a woman who works at the University in Balti and she is trying to get a new program off the ground and more specifically launch a summer school training program for future English teachers. Another more experienced volunteer has been working with her for the most part this past year but that volunteer is soon coming to the end of their Peace Corps service and so I am going to do my best to replace her as a sort of consultant/assistent to the head of this new university program. My favorite part of today though was when one of her colleagues came and asked if we would be willing to review her doctoral thesis for her. How many people can say they've received that kind of an offer?

In other news it is super hot outside and on both buses all the way home the windows were closed. Im not sure how hot it was but I do know that the chocolate I had with me was liquid by the time I made it home. Luckily, however, it didn't leak out onto everything.

Now that I finally have a little free time I really should start packing for my trip seeing as how I plan on leaving in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment