Monday, March 19, 2012

Change of Heart. I love you Spring!

So today, yesterday and well basically everyday since I wrote my last blog post have been absolutely beautiful. I guess Spring heard how unimpressed I was with its coming and how I was courting the other seasons for a new favorite so it decided to pull out all the stops and really show me how amazing Spring can be. Sunny all day (even past 6 o'clock) no rain, no mud, and the temperature today hit a high of 70. So in case there was ever any doubt, me and spring are now on good terms again.

Although the coming of Spring and warmer weather has also brought out every pollen, grass, and dust in the air and my sinuses hate me. I felt like a zombie all through school today with the pressure in my head making hard to pay attention. Im pretty sure that Moldova must have an entire allergy ecosystem different from what we have in America because my allergies never really bothered me in America but during the summer and fall I felt it a lot and it looks like they are back again. Nothing a little medicine wont fix. And definitely not enough to ruin my good mood brought on by the amazing weather...

On top of my good mood from the weather I am also quite cheerful today because we went to the next step of the process of getting my new site mate. Today the program managers for the health education program came to the school and talked to the future partners and host families about the coming volunteer. It was fun for me because I was able to help by sitting in on the meetings and answering questions and the best part was actually visiting the host families houses. So if and when we get our new volunteer I now know who they will be working with and where they will be living. Now all I have to do is wait anxiously for the next 4 months until site announcements. I think this might be just as bad as waiting for my own site announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment