Friday, July 22, 2011

Practice School

On Monday I start practice school, which in case you don't know is a three week period that I will get to practice all of the skills I have been learning and to put them into practice. For all of next week and for Monday and Tuesday of the week after I will be teaching two lessons a day covering all of unit one to a group of 6th grade volunteer students, at the end of which I get to test them and hand out certificates. What makes this even more fun is that I get a one day reprieve on Wednesday and get to do it all over again Thursday, Friday and all of the next week again teaching two classes a day but this time to 10th grade students.

Today I meet my resource teacher, who is a Moldovan English teacher with excellent English who has lived in America…North Carolina in fact and has visited Myrtle Beach…How perfect! She is very nice, laid back and smiles a lot which is unusual for Moldovans. She is going to help me plan my lessons for the sixth grade (but I will teach them) and will be living in the same town as me for the next week until Wednesday when she is going to be replaced by my partner teacher from my future site, Scumpia. My partner teacher and I will then work together to team teach the tenth grade together.

With practice school my schedule gets even more fun. I still go to language classes in the morning but afterward I will have a 45 minute break then I will teach two 45 minute classes with only a 10 minute break in between. Afterward, I will plan with my resource teacher for three hours the next two lessons that I will teach the next day. My next three weeks are going to be hectic so I wanted to make sure I wrote a blog post to let everyone know what I was doing because I might not have time to write another one for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment