Monday, June 27, 2011

Wet and cold

So the weather has been pretty miserable the past two days. It hasn't gotten above 70 and it has been raining pretty much all day. The road that I walk on my way to school is no longer a road it is for the most part a river and a mud bank. And the weather prediction is for a full week of rain. Yeah. I guess I'll be wet and cold for a while…but at least I'm not hot and sweaty all the time…Also now is a great time for getting some reading done. Already read one book starting number two. Worried about how I will be able to find enough books to last me all winter...

In other news my Romanian has progressed significantly now that I can form a multiple verb sentence. Such as…"Eu vreau sa beau ceai." -I would like to drink tea. This in combination with my dozen adjectives, half dozen prepositions, and some vocabulary related to family, food, clothes, and household objects gives me the language skills of possibly a two year old? Im not really sure…but I am very satisfied.

Tomorrow, as part of my training I am required to teach a group of my peers an English lesson I prepared. We have been learning techniques for teaching English and how to write a lesson plan the way Peace Corps likes, which is harder than it sounds because it is a very in specific lesson plan format. My lesson is designed for a 5th form (grade) class and will cover animals. In the very least it will be a lot of fun to be a teacher again instead of a student if only for fifteen minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment